Okay, now that I’ve had time to actually use and adjust to the new Black Desert marketplace, I’m looking back at what they said and what I posed a while back.
- After this update, you will be able to use the Central Market with the Silver and items within your “Central Market Warehouse” in an easier and more accessible manner.
So they certainly get credit for this one. From a user perspective, the ability to use it from anywhere is quite nice and effective. The only time I visit the actual marketplace NPC is when I’m dropping new items into the warehouse or picking them up, usually once a day when I’m listing the farmed goods I’m selling. Most of my silver is stored here instead of in the storage, so that when I want to buy something, I can simple do so.
- [Marketplace] (previous version)
- Adventurers traded directly with each other through the Marketplace.
- When Adventurer ‘A’ registers an item, Adventurer ‘B’ could buy the item.
- [Central Market]
- Adventurers will now trade within the Central Market instead.
- The market buys the items that Adventurer ‘A’ registers to sell. Then Adventurer ‘B’ comes along and buys the items off the market.
I thought I understood what they meant here, but functionally it still seems to work the way indicated in the previous version. I have sold an item to the Central Market itself since the first day or two it existed. Everything I’m selling now requires me to list it at a specific price for others to buy. That’s not selling to the market that’s selling to players. Yeah, maybe the “market” is buying my item from me when someone else buys it from the market, but functionally it’s the same thing with extra steps that are invisible to the user.
- Before, you had to keep items and silver in your inventory or a town storage, but the Central Market will come with its own Warehouse for you to store them now. The Warehouse acts like an account for the Marketplace which allows you access and use from anywhere, at anytime.
This has been the best change they’ve made for me. It essentially added additional storage for me to keep things. It’s based on a kind of points system with some things like gear taking up many more points than other things, probably to try and cut down on it’s usage as storage. I’ve found it super useful for things like seeds that I tend to keep a few of on hand, especially when I’ve built them up to Special quality and set them aside to work on other crops. I need to see what else I can put in here to free up some space. I may be able to get off the Value Pack crack if I plan it right.
Now that I think about it, I have done some direct sales, but only when I see there’s an existing order placed for that item, and it’s typically an order at minimum value when most of the sell listings are near max price. Board flipping orders, basically.
All in all, I feel like it’s a good change, but not one that necessarily functions as advertised. It could also just be how I’m using it or the particular goods I typically deal in. Either way, y’all take care, and try not to spend all your silver in one place.